Aldebaran Recruiting Team in NYC For AdWeek
Two members of our San Diego recruiting team have been spending the week in New York City for AdWeek. Brandi Wheeler and Jackie Kellam have been enjoying the networking opportunities, conferences, talks, and meeting with many of our amazing clients.
Networking is critical in any industry and events like AdWeek provide not only great opportunities to mingle and meet new people, but the educational aspect is a huge factor when we are deciding when and where to send our people. A multi-day event is always a much better investment as well.
- Always have plenty of business cards, and make sure they are up to date and high quality. Get as many cards in return as you can, follow up with everyone either via email or on LinkedIn, or both.
- Don’t be a wallflower! Don’t be bashful about jumping into conversations that are already happening. Make eye contact, have a solid handshake. Have something quick and catchy to say about you and your business. Some thing like, “We are the most effective marketing recruiters in the country.”
- Dress sharp. Your appearance is critical in face to face meetings and you get one chance to make a first impression.
- Get to know people. Don’t use your conversation to only try and sell your product or service. Focus instead on building a rapport and relationship. People like doing business with people that they like.
- Have fun! Networking is a chance to meet people and build relationships, do it as much as you can!
Keywords: executive recruiting, recruiting, advertising, marketing, media, sales, pr, public relations, business, financial, hiring, ad agency, san diego, miami, atlanta, new york, los angeles, chicago, san francisco, long beach, lance winsaft, lily winsaft, Aldebaran Recruiting, corporate politics, customers, client, digital marketing, negotiation, small business, salary, candidates, cpa, millennials, generation z, interviews, coaching, job description
"I was applying for jobs for a couple of months and couldn't get an interview. I was contacted by Aldebaran about an open position - one week later I had an interview and two weeks later I had accepted an above market offer with a great company. There's no doubt in my mind that I’d still be looking for work today if it wasn't for the Aldebaran team.”
A.A., Project/Product Manager
"As a seasoned professional in the digital industry, I've met and worked with dozens of recruiters, both as an employer and a job seeker. While approaches vary, the difference working with Aldebaran was clear from the onset of the process. As a candidate, Lance and Lily looked beyond the resume bullets to learn about me personally and what truly mattered to me in my next role. Taking the time to make sure both myself and the employer were perfect for each other made the difference - I'm in love with my new job!"
A.S., Senior Director, Digital