Aldebaran Recruiting Team in NYC For AdWeek
Two members of our San Diego recruiting team have been spending the week in New York City for AdWeek. Brandi Wheeler and Jackie Kellam have been enjoying the networking opportunities, conferences, talks, and meeting with many of our amazing clients.
Networking is critical in any industry and events like AdWeek provide not only great opportunities to mingle and meet new people, but the educational aspect is a huge factor when we are deciding when and where to send our people. A multi-day event is always a much better investment as well.
- Always have plenty of business cards, and make sure they are up to date and high quality. Get as many cards in return as you can, follow up with everyone either via email or on LinkedIn, or both.
- Don’t be a wallflower! Don’t be bashful about jumping into conversations that are already happening. Make eye contact, have a solid handshake. Have something quick and catchy to say about you and your business. Some thing like, “We are the most effective marketing recruiters in the country.”
- Dress sharp. Your appearance is critical in face to face meetings and you get one chance to make a first impression.
- Get to know people. Don’t use your conversation to only try and sell your product or service. Focus instead on building a rapport and relationship. People like doing business with people that they like.
- Have fun! Networking is a chance to meet people and build relationships, do it as much as you can!
Keywords: executive recruiting, recruiting, advertising, marketing, media, sales, pr, public relations, business, financial, hiring, ad agency, san diego, miami, atlanta, new york, los angeles, chicago, san francisco, long beach, lance winsaft, lily winsaft, Aldebaran Recruiting, corporate politics, customers, client, digital marketing, negotiation, small business, salary, candidates, cpa, millennials, generation z, interviews, coaching, job description
"Aldebaran Associates brings an energy and focused-approach that is unique and refreshing. They build trust and integrity with their clients across all levels of the organization. Even while our organization was going through a difficult transition, she kept the employees motivated and focused on achieving maximum results."
K.C., Director Human Resources Fortune 100 Company
"I would like to say that you and your team are by far some of the most talented people I have ever worked with. Your attention to detail in assessing our needs, providing us with qualified candidates, and closing the deal is unsurpassed. Based on my recent experiences with you, I would highly recommend Aldebaran Associates to any organization seeking professional talent at a senior level."
J.B.F., Vice President – Latin America Sales Multimillion Dollar Software Company